Tell Congress: #DreamActNow!
Congress has until the end of December to pass clean Dream Act legislation to protect 800,000 immigrant youth from deportation. This is a moral imperative—and it's incredibly popular. But so far, only a handful of Republican representatives have signed on to co-sponsor this bipartisan bill.
That's why during the week of October 16-22, MoveOn members and allies are joining together for a week of action to call on Republican members of Congress to co-sponsor the clean Dream Act.
MoveOn members will deliver petition signatures from other MoveOn members in their area to their local congressional offices and share personal stories about our dreams and how our communities are stronger when we stand together. We'll demand that members of congress co-sponsor and pass the clean Dream Act immediately—without using the lives of more than 800,000 DACA recipients as bargaining chips to ramp up enforcement, terrorize immigrant communities, or build a wasteful border wall.
Hosting an event is easy! Just fill out the form below—we’ll provide all the materials, petition signatures, and guidance you need to have a successful event.
Instructions for hosts:
- All events should be held between Monday, October 16 and Sunday, October 22 between 9 a.m and 5 p.m.
- Lunch hour is generally a good time to hold your event to maximize attendee turnout and media coverage.
- Please ensure that the event is held on public property and not on private property (where you could be asked to leave).
- For the venue, please list the office—i.e., “Representative X's Springfield office." You can find your representative’s district office location by searching the House website.
- Only events calling on Republican House representatives to co-sponsor the Dream Act will generate email recruitment to local MoveOn members. If your member of Congress is a Democrat, you're welcome to register an event on this site and work with local allies and your networks to recruit participants!