Resistance Summer Community Cookouts
Since November, Americans have been engaged in nonstop peaceful resistance to the dangerous rhetoric and actions of the Trump administration and the GOP. Millions of us have marched, protested, called, written, and otherwise stood up. It's time to take a moment to celebrate what we’ve achieved—and recharge for the work ahead—with a summer social gathering: a Resistance Summer Community Cookout!
The Resistance Summer Community Cookouts are an opportunity for MoveOn members and a range of local and national partner groups in the Resistance to come together with friends old and new. We'll build our relationships and celebrate the diversity that makes us stronger. Our goal is to encourage taking care of ourselves and each other, to celebrate all we've achieved, and to enjoy ourselves! These are ways to reinforce the resilience of the Resistance and help us to stay in it for the long haul.
Instructions for hosts:
- All events should be held on one of the following days: Saturday, June 24 through Sunday, June 25; and Saturday, July 1 through Monday, July 3, with start times between 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. local time. Events outside of those dates may be posted but MoveOn will not send recruitment messages about them.
- Attendance at these events could be strong, so we recommend using a large home backyard or public park as your location—i.e., a space that can fit 15+ people, in case a large number of people do want to attend.
- We will hold a national prep call for hosts and answer your questions on Thursday, June 22 at 8 p.m. ET/7 CT/6 MT/5 PT.
- The "Venue" field is visible to the public and should indicate the general area where the event will be or the name of the park, facility, or home (e.g., "Sam and Jan's house"). Do not use the street address.
You can edit this sample text to reflect the details of your event for use in the event description field below.
Sample event description: Join with fellow progressives at Progressive Park on Sunday, June 25 at 1:00 p.m. for a Resistance Summer Community Cookout. We'll enjoy some food, spend time with friends old and new, and celebrate all we've accomplished so far in resisting the radical agenda of the Trump administration.
Sample attendee message: Many hands make light work! Pitch in by bringing a dish or soda, helping to greet attendees, bringing games, taking pictures, or tidying up after the cookout. Call Mary Jones at 333-222-3409 or use the email tool below to send an email to the cookout host.
By creating an event, you agree to the following statements:
I agree that neither MoveOn.org Civic Action nor MoveOn.org Political Action, other partners, nor any of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, or consultants (the “Releasees”) shall be responsible for any injury to my person or property occurring during or in connection with this event.
- I hereby and forever release and discharge the Releasees from and against any and all costs, damages, and liability for death, injury to person, injury or damage to property, or other damages, costs, losses, or expenses of whatsoever nature, caused during or by reason of my participation in this event. I am 18 years of age or older. If I am a parent or guardian of an individual under 18 years of age, I make this agreement on behalf of myself and that individual.
If you have questions, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.