Whether you've hosted an action before or not, we will provide you with all the information you need to hold a successful event! Hosting an action is simple and fun. You’ll be provided with a host guide, invited to join a prep call for event hosts, and you’ll receive support to invite attendees and the media to your event. We will work hard to review all questions that are emailed to us.
By creating an event, you are agreeing to serve as the host of the meeting. Your responsibilities as host include:
- Arranging that all the necessary materials are brought to the event (you can ask other participants for help).
- Contacting and communicating with the people who participate in your event. We will encourage attendees not to attend an event where the host has not confirmed their participation.
- Filing a quick post-meeting report.
Thank you for agreeing to organize a local event for a national campaign sponsored by MoveOn.org Civic Action (“MoveOn”). By agreeing to organize a local event (the “Event”) and by logging into this website (the “Site”) and using the application accessible through this Site (the “Event Tool”), and in consideration of being allowed to use the name of MoveOn in connection with the Event, you agree to
(1) follow MoveOn’s written directions regarding the organization and timetable for the Event;
(2) use all scripts and materials provided by MoveOn for the Event;
(3) refer to and use the name and mark “MoveOn” in connection with the Event as authorized and directed by MoveOn; and otherwise to name, characterize or describe the Event, as directed by MoveOn
(4) in all emails sent to recruit participants, in all press releases and announcements and other communications regarding the Event, include the following language:
“Everyone participating in this Event will be required to abide by all applicable laws and lawful orders of authorities. This Event will be nonviolent and will not involve any civil disobedience or other violation of law.”
(5) obtain all permits and licenses necessary to hold the Event;
(6) communicate and coordinate with local law enforcement authorities to make them aware of the Event and offer to coordinate and cooperate with them in arranging for security of Event participants and the public, to the extent applicable and necessary
(7) not request or direct, or knowingly permit anyone acting on his/her or its behalf to request or direct, any participant in the Event to engage in any unlawful activity, including unlawful nonviolent direct action; and
You are authorized to distribute all materials MoveOn provides to, including through his Site, you for use in organizing and putting on your Event. MoveOn retains all rights to the computer applications, web applications, database programs and web content files incorporated into or utilized in the Site and no one may modify, copy, publish or transmit those applications, programs or files without the express prior permission of MoveOn