Official Rules: Contest to Attend MoveOn's Big Ideas Forum
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online promotion (the “Promotion”).
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, PLEDGE, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT, PLEDGE, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). BUSINESSES, CORPORATIONS, NATIONAL BANKS, FEDERAL CONTRACTORS, LABOR ORGANIZATIONS OR OTHER ENTITIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE, NOR MAY ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTER ON BEHALF OF ANY SUCH ENTITIES. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND MOVEON POLITICAL ACTION (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by unauthorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:00 a.m. (all times Eastern Time) on May 10, 2019 and ends at 11:59 a.m. on May 29, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
4. Prizes. One winner will receive the following prize (the “Prize”):
- Round-trip airline tickets for two people to San Francisco, at a total value, including taxes, of no more than $1,500.
- Two nights in a San Francisco hotel, at a total value, including taxes, of no more than $500.
- Two tickets to the MoveOn's Big Ideas Forum.
- In-town transportation costs up to $200, to be reimbursed by MoveOn, provided receipts are submitted to email@example.com by June 30, 2019.
- Total Prize value not to exceed $2200.00.
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. The Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if the winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 11 and 12 below) are not returned within one (1) day after being sent to winner or if two (2) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
7. How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows:
(a) Free Alternative Entry Method: To enter via the free alternative entry method, click here and complete and submit an online entry form during the Promotion Period.
(b) Donation Method: We are asking for people to donate to MoveOn. To enter via this method, click here. No donation is necessary to enter. Entering via the donation method will not increase your chances of winning the Prize.
For All Entry Methods: Failure to submit all required information in the manner required in these Official Rules and/or any entry or contribution form may result in disqualification. Proof of entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on an e-mail mailing list for promotional and other purposes.
8. Promotion Rules. Winner will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held on May 27, 2019. Winners will be notified by phone or e-mail on May 27, 2019. To claim the Prize, winner should follow the instructions and comply with the conditions contained in his/her notification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant in its sole discretion.
9. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
10. Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or Prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or Prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
11. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, each winner will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
12. Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after May 27, 2019 and before May 27, 2020 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: "BIG IDEAS FORUM CONTEST" Winner List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: "BIG IDEAS FORUM CONTEST" Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
13. Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2019 by MoveOn Political Action. All rights reserved.
14. Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of California U.S.A. without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: "BIG IDEAS FORUM CONTEST" Questions.
15. Sponsor: MoveOn.org Political Action, 1442 Walnut Street #358, Berkeley, CA 94709.