Ready to Resist: Sunday, April 23 Strategy & Action Call
Sunday, April 23, 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT)
This week: The People's Climate March and May Day actions, with Wayne Frederick, Donele Wilkins, Gema Lowe, Christine Neumann-Ortiz, and Amanda Johnson
Tune in at 8 PM ET to stream the call from this page or the link below!
Sunday's call will feature some powerhouse organizers:
- Wayne Frederick, Rosebud Sioux Tribal Council member and key organizer of the historic native resistance to the Dakota Access Pipeline, will talk about Donald Trump's fossil-fueled future and how local resistance movements are feeding a global movement for climate action, including the People's Climate March in Washington, D.C., and over 200 sister marches around the country.
- Donele Wilkins, president of the Green Door Initiative—an emerging green job and leadership training program that's helping to revitalize Detroit's communities—will talk about how addressing climate change requires tackling intersecting issues and building local power for a better future by organizing for climate jobs and justice. Then, she'll let you know how you can get involved with the People's Climate Movement.
- Gema Lowe, organizer with the immigrant-led organization Cosecha and the Worker Center of Western Michigan, will talk about the "Day Without Immigrants" strike on May 1—which is shaping up to be the largest worker strike in years—and how immigrants and allies can participate.
- Christine Neumann-Ortiz, executive director of Voces de la Frontera, the Milwaukee-based community organization named the "Most Valuable Grassroots Group" by The Nation, will speak about how May Day organizers in Wisconsin and around the country are working to win victories for workers on the local, state, and national level.
- Amanda Johnson, Resist Here Director of the Working Families Party, will moderate the call.
RSVP for future Ready to Resist calls via the form below—make sure to check the box in the form.
To join the call on 4/30 by phone: you will receive a call at the number you provide, which will patch you in to the call.
To join the call on 4/30 via livestream: visit moveon.org/readytoresist
By signing up, you agree to receive a telephone call from MoveOn.org at the telephone number provided, to participate in calls on Sundays at 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT).
For recordings and slideshows from past Ready to Resist calls, please click here.
Schedule of upcoming calls (all on Sundays):
April 23 - call
April 30 - call
May 7 - no call
May 14 - no call