Confronting White Supremacy Call — Sunday, August 20
For recordings and slideshows from past Ready to Resist calls, please click here.
Thank you for your interest in tonight's mass movement call on Confronting White Supremacy.
Registration is now closed—but don't worry, you can access the call via livestream right here on this page. Tune in here at 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT) TONIGHT, Sunday, July 30, to join the Ready to Resist livestream.
To subscribe for future calls, fill out the form on this page below. Make sure to check the "join future calls" checkbox to be RSVP'd for future Ready to Resist calls.
Join MoveOn, Working Families Party, Center for Popular Democracy, People's Action, Color of Change, United We Dream, Indivisible, Women's March, and other movement allies (listed below) for an emergency mass organizing call dedicated to a discussion of white supremacy and how to fight it.
Tonight's call will include:
- Wes Bellamy, Vice-Mayor of the city of Charlottesville, will describe how the city acted to remove the confederate statue and to create an "equity fund", and how the people of Charlottesville are responding to the white supremacist violence;
- Eric Ward, Senior Fellow at the Southern Poverty Law Center and an expert in White nationalism, will join Tarso Luís Ramos, Executive Director of Political Research Associates, to lead a training on white supremacy, its history in the United States, and what it looks like today;
- Rep. Bonnie Watson-Coleman, Arisha Hatch of Color of Change, Keron Blair of the Alliance to Reclaim Our Schools, and Greisa Martinez of United We Dream will share ways to take action this week to resist white supremacy and racism in policy-making, to remove its public symbols, and to demand action, not words, from elected officials, including censuring Donald Trump;
- And guidance and resources for how to talk to your friends, neighbors, and family about this hateful right-wing movement, and how to challenge it in your own communities.
- Mehrdad Azemun of People's Action will moderate the conversation.
To subscribe for future Ready to Resist calls, fill out the form below. Make sure to check the "join future calls" checkbox to be RSVP'd for future calls.
This call is part of the Ready to Resist call series. For recordings and slideshows from past Ready to Resist calls, please click here.
By signing up, you 1) agree to receive a telephone call from MoveOn.org at the telephone number provided, to participate in calls on Sundays at 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT); 2) give explicit permission to share the information you've entered with the partner organization that notified you of the call, which is unaffiliated with MoveOn.org.
MoveOn is committed to inclusivity. We will post a transcription of Sunday’s Ready to Resist call on the website moveon.org/readytoresist by Tuesday 4 p.m. ET.