Ready to Resist: Sun, March 19 Strategy and Action Call
Sunday, March 19, 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT)
This week: Reverend Dr. William Barber II, Senator Jeff Merkley, MoveOn Organizing Director Victoria Kaplan, and more!
Thank you for your interest in tonight's call! Registration is now closed. But don't worry; you can stream tonight's call live and for free starting at 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT below, or at this link:
Tonight we'll discuss the next phase of strategy to save our health care, in light of the House vote on Trumpcare slated to take place this week. We'll also learn about Trump's Supreme Court pick, Neil Gorsuch, and how we can resist his nomination.
We'll hear from:
- Reverend Dr. William Barber II, President and Senior Lecturer of Repairers of the Breach, will motivate us around the moral imperative to reject Trumpcare and how to make our actions creative, non-violent, and powerful.
- Senator Jeff Merkley, U.S. Senator from Oregon, will share a glimpse into the fight to stop the right-wing takeover of the Supreme Court, and how we can get our senators to stop the confirmation of Neil Gorsuch.
- Victoria Kaplan, MoveOn.org Organizing Director, will outline the political battlefield on Trumpcare, and recap stories from the thousands of participants in this week's emergency Health Care Stakeouts.
- Erin Kramer, Executive Director of One Pennsylvania, and Elizabeth Lienesch, Organizing Director at TakeAction Minnesota, will lead a training on getting creative with health care actions that will pop for the camera lens and our Congressional targets this week as Republicans aim to vote on repealing the Affordable Care Act on the anniversary of the day it was signed.
- Mehrdad Azemun, Campaign Director at People's Action, will host the call.
Bookmark this page, and get a few friends together to listen Sunday evening and then discuss and plan!
You can also sign up using the form on this page to join all future Sunday Ready to Resist calls.
By signing up, you agree to receive a telephone call from MoveOn.org at the telephone number provided, to participate in the call on Sunday, March 19 at 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT).
For recordings and slideshows from past Ready to Resist calls, please click here.
Schedule of upcoming calls - all Sundays:
March 19 - call
March 26 - no call
April 2 - call
April 9 - call
April 16 - no call