Thank you for taking part in Resist Trump Tuesdays, the first 100 days of our Resistance since Trump took office. We are finding so much hope and inspiration in the creative and persistent organizing we’ve undertaken together, and in the very real and tangible impacts we’re having:
- We protected health care for millions of people and delivered Trump and Ryan a stinging defeat in their first legislative priority, which weakens their ability to win further. Given that Republicans control the White House, the House and the Senate, this was not to be expected and was because of your organizing at the district level and especially during the February congressional recess. Of course, Trump and Ryan are at it again, and we’ll be taking action to continue protecting our health care.
- In the race to fill the Georgia Congressional seat vacated by Trump’s Health and Human Services Director, 30-year old Democrat Jon Ossoff handily won the first round in a very Republican district and nearly won the seat outright.
- Democrats are fighting harder – launching a filibuster of Trump’s Supreme Court pick and forcing Republicans to change Senate rules to get their way.
Watch the video below to see more successes from the first 100 days of resistance!
Here’s a few updates and guidance from the MoveOn field organizing team:
- Talk with your local action participants about your strategic plans for what’s next. What is having an impact? How are you pacing and sustaining your energies?
- After May 2, 2017, you are of course welcome to continue organizing #ResistTrumpTuesdays events! That decision is in your hands.
- If you choose to continue #ResistTrumpTuesdays events, you may continue to post them at MoveOn.org/Tuesdays and they will appear on the map. You can use the event page links and tools to recruit participants and to send message to your RSVPs.
- After May 2, MoveOn will not send recruitment emails for #ResistTrumpTuesday events or other events that are not part of a national day of action supported by MoveOn. Our small staff is focusing our efforts and attention to prepare the next phase of support for your organizing, in the form of Resistance Summer. Rest assured – you have built powerful local communities of people that are building and sustaining the resistance. Nothing can stop you!
- You can also post your events at ResistHere.org – a project of our partners at Working Families Party, who launched the #ResistTrumpTuesdays movement. Other tools you can use to recruit for your events include actionnetwork.org, Facebook events, Twitter, your email rolodex, and of course the phone!
- Stay tuned for more ways to get involved in Resistance Summer, including a “Resistance Summer Kick-Off and Kick-Back” on June 24-25 where we’ll celebrate the communities we are building and growing to sustain and nurture our movement.