Right now, Republicans are trying to jam through their tax bill to give huge tax cuts to millionaires, billionaires, and wealthy corporations while raising taxes for many middle-class families and attempting to repeal Obamacare’s individual insurance mandate. This is more than just a blatant scam on the people to transfer wealth to the very rich. It is now also a full assault on health care.
If successful, the GOP tax scam would
- leave 13 million people without health care coverage and raise coverage costs for almost everyone else by double digits,
- take away the Child Tax Credit from over 3 million children,
- give 53% of the total tax cuts in 2018 to the richest 1%,
- repeal tax deductions for teachers buying school supplies but allow corporations to deduct business expenses, and
- hurt middle-class families, people with student loans, and residents of states and cities with high local and state taxes.
Will you join fellow MoveOn members and allies on a Tax Scam Caroling accountability event the week after Thanksgiving—Wednesday, November 29 through Saturday, December 2—and stand up to the scrooges behind this morally bankrupt tax scam? That’s a critical window of time where we have the opportunity to stop the bill in its tracks and hold accountable any members of Congress who vote for it.