2018 MoveOn Candidate Endorsement Application
MoveOn believes in a country where everyone can thrive, where there's a place of honor and dignity for everyone, whether white, black, or brown, 5th generation or newcomer. We endorse candidates aligned with this vision and who are willing to proudly stand up for an America that works for all of us and not just the wealthy few.
We imagine a new political consensus: centered around a multi-racial populism.
- Where economic security, good jobs, and health care access are human rights.
- Where diplomacy is revered instead of war.
- Where we have uprooted white supremacy, misogyny, and other forms of systemic oppression.
- Where we’ve protected the planet for future generations.
- Where we welcome immigrants instead of scapegoating them
- Where our democracy is for all of us - owned and driven by people, not by billionaires and giant corporations.
- Where individuals are empowered to make choices for their own lives and families regardless of their gender identity, sexual orientation, nation of origin, race, age, religion or background.
Early this year, MoveOn members voted overwhelming to make winning back Congress our top electoral priority in 2018. MoveOn plans on endorsing and supporting 100 candidates to end Republican control in Washington and usher in a new progressive majority in Congress.
About MoveOn's endorsement process:
Decisions about MoveOn endorsements are made by a vote of MoveOn members in the state, district, or municipality. In an election with 3 or more candidates, more than 50% of voting MoveOn members must vote to endorse a candidate. In elections with just 2 candidates, more than 66% of voting members must vote to endorse.
Endorsement votes will take place on a rolling basis throughout the year. If you are a candidate or staffer for U.S. House, or U.S. Senate campaign and would like your campaign to be considered for an endorsement, please fill out the form below.
Important note: MoveOn Political Action operates independently of political campaigns and does not coordinate with any Federal candidates. Please refrain from sharing any non-public info about your campaign.